Firewalls are the key defence system that protects your business from internet borne threats. Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) go beyond traditional network security; blocking malware and viruses, intelligently identifying and protecting against attacks and providing a real insight into your network’s activity. MTG can supply, configure and manage a next-generation firewall solution for your business.
What is a managed firewall?
With a managed firewall, we take responsibility for the configuration, monitoring and support of the firewall in your IT environment. Our team of NOC engineers look after the initial setup, the firewall security policy, VPNs, remote access, web filtering and application control. As part of the maintenance contract, our systems will automatically backup the firewall configuration and continually try to identify threats and security events.
Technical support and monitoring is provided on a 24x7x365 basis, providing you with access to our helpdesk at all times.
Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) will increase the level of security within your business and our management service enhances the level of protection offered.
Small Business Firewalls
A significant amount of cyber attacks are aimed at small businesses which is why many businesses choose a next generation firewall instead of a small business router. With features such as antivirus and intrusion prevention systems, a small business firewall from MTG offers that extra level of protection. Our small business firewalls feature powerful 802.11AC wireless and a gigabit network switch, providing an all in one security solution for small businesses. For SMB/SME clients, we would typically recommend the Fortigate 60-90 series, with optional wireless and firewall clustering.
Fortinet firewalls are deployed extensively within the enterprise, which is testament to Fortinet’s continual position on the Gartner quadrant. Enterprise firewall solutions can be used for perimeter security or deployed within the organisation as an internal firewall. With multi-gigabit wirespeed performance, active directory support and the ability to identify and block threats – Fortinet firewalls are the perfect choice for the enterprise.
If your business has multiple sites or branch offices, we can manage your firewall estate in a coordinated manner. With our centralised management platform and SIEM, we can provide full mesh VPN solutions, policy management, reporting and incident response for your whole network. Our engineers can also integrate VPN solutions with existing WAN environments, through the use of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF – providing unrivalled fault tolerance and automatic failover capabilities.
MTG offer a comprehensive range of managed security solutions for SME, and enterprise customers. From ad-hoc support to full round the clock monitoring, backed by a 24x7x365 operation centre, we have a solution that meets your needs.
How much does it cost?
The cost of our managed firewall service depends on several factors; the number of sites, the model of firewall, if your business needs secure wireless, the level of support and frequency of changes. In all cases, we are confident our services are competitive for both small businesses and enterprise customers. The level of protection and hours of cover, will vary from business to business. Contact MTG today to speak to someone about our managed firewall service.
Fully Managed Security
For the highest levels of protection, speak to us about our fully managed security solutions (MSS). With the MSS, we not only manage your firewall, but we coordinate your endpoint protection, monitor your logfiles and events, reconfigure key systems and harden your IT environment to reduce your cybersecurity exposure. If you would like to learn more about our MSS and how it can improve your security posture, get in touch.
- Control access to websites and website categories (e.g. business, news, sports, social media)
- Implement time-of-day policies (e.g. Lunchtimes, after 17:00)
- Integrate into Active Directory, applying policies to specific users or user groups.
- Enforce Google SafeSearch
- Block or control access to Cloud services (e.g. Dropbox, Box)
- Detailed web access reports (by user, group, website)
- Full SSL Inspection support
- Transparent solution (or explicit proxy support)
- Firewall cluster (Active:Active, Active:Passive)
- Sub-Second failover and session state persistence
- Link-loss detection ensures if an upstream/downstream router or switch fails, the cluster can trigger a failover
- Two or more devices can be combined into a cluster
- Clustering is available across all device models
- In-Service software upgrades
- Dynamic routing (OSPF/BGP/RIP)
- Load-Balancing and ECMP
- 802.1Q VLAN and Layer2 switching support
- Rich traffic/shaping QOS support
- Dynamic routing over VPN (e.g. OSPF)
- Detect and block network borne attacks
- Protect mail, web and remote-access servers from attacks (IIS, Exchange, Citrix)
- Protect staff and internal systems from application level attacks (e.g. Office, Adobe Acrobat)
- Common web platform protection (e.g. .NET, PHP, WordPress, CRM)
- Customisable rule-set and signatures
- SSL and IPSec VPN support
- Web-Portal and full VPN client application
- Site-to-Site IPSec VPN (with Dynamic Routing)
- RADIUS/Active-Directory integration
- Granular network access policies
- Two-Factor authentication support (e.g. Secure Token)
- High performance VPN concentrator solution
- Control and monitor cloud application usage (e.g. Dropbox, Box, Google Apps)
- Full network visibility of HTTP and HTTPS traffic
- Control access to specific applications (e.g. Web Games, Video Streaming)
- Block access to malicious content or websites
- Detailed reporting and network visibility
- Deep-inspection of traffic for granular reporting
Get in touch
- SALES: 01624 640400
- SUPPORT: 01624 639420