Given growth in our technical services division, we have a vacancy for an experienced and talented infrastructure engineer. We work with a variety of technologies including VMWare, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Linux and VDI technologies. Networking is an important consideration, strong skills in switching, routing and firewalls are desirable.
You will be participating in client projects and as a senior member of staff within our technical services team. We support infrastructures in a range of environments including on-premise, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and traditional datacentre environments.
You will be designing, supporting and managing a variety of infrastructure and platform solutions across a range of industries including financial services, e-Gaming, online services and manufacturing.
We are looking for candidates with genuine talent, potential and spark. MTG recognises and rewards talent, and will always encourage and support those who want to, and have the potential to progress.
Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be interacting with clients, suppliers, partners and your peers on a daily basis.
For further details of this position please forward your CV and your salary requirement to email@example.com. No agency applications.
NOTE : This position is based in the Isle of Man
Skills and Capabilities
- Microsoft Windows experience (Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Hyper-V).
- Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 / Sharepoint.
- Virtualisation (VMWare, Hyper-V, Veeam).
- VDI (RDS, Citrix, Horizon).
- AWS and Azure experience.
- Information Security (Endpoint Protection, Firewalls, SIEM)
- Networking (Enterprise switching, routing, firewalls).
- Fortinet, Cisco, Huawei, Juniper experience.
- Experience of Linux/LAMP desirable.
- Industry certifications an advantage (MCSE, CCNP, NSE, VCP, etc)
- Ability to set and stick to deadlines with excellent estimation and organisational skills.
- Innate problem-solving attitude, able to come up with solutions and make them happen.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, team members and management.
- Desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Sense of humour.
- Be innovative: Everyone can get involved in helping drive our projects forward. Everyone is empowered to make things happen so we need people that speak up, challenge the ordinary and see the big picture.
- Be passionate:Our team has enthusiasm, zeal, drive and motivation. You will need to demonstrate that you care and are passionate about what you do.
- Have fun:We believe that in order to deliver your best you need to have fun at work. There is pressure to get things done and deadlines to meet, but we want everyone to have fun doing it.
- Build team relationships:You will need to operate effectively within a team of diverse people, and build professional relationships with your team and senior management
Who are we?
First established in 1996 MTG has over 20 years’ experience of providing technical solutions to private and public sector industries. Today we provide technology products, consulting and support services in a single package to diverse industry verticals and sectors. Through members and strategic partnerships, MTG has access to over 150 technical experts and a service footprint covering the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and ROI.
For further details of this position please forward your CV and your salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.