Power Routing is a powerful, simple to use feature of the ShoreTel IP Phone system that allows your users to customise their incoming call routing in a flexible manner. Users can opt to have certain callers divert to their mobile, change the routing by time of day or the routing can respond to their calendar status in Microsoft Outlook (i.e. during a meeting).
The first step to configure power routing is to identify the number (or type of number) to perform an action against:
- A specific number (e.g. +44 1624 639420)
- Any internal number (from other staff members, or offices)
- Any external number (outside callers)
- A private (withheld) number
You can then choose to take an action based on:
- Your availability (within your Outlook Calendar or manually set)
- The time of day or day of week
- If you are on the phone
Finally, you can take an action:
- Take a voicemail.
- Selectively call your mobile, or multiple numbers.
- Undertake a find-me operation.
- Call someone else.
What are the possibilities?
There are a number practical applications of Power Routing:
- A “universal number” solution where contacts only need to know your office number, you don’t need to hand over your mobile number.
- You can opt for calls from key clients or suppliers to always divert to your mobile, irrespective of your status.
- Family members or key contacts can always reach you.
- Third parties or suppliers who are not a priority can always be diverted to voicemail.
- Your calendar status in Outlook/Exchange always determines the call routing that takes place.
Power Routing is a popular feature with our ShoreTel customers. The self-service and intuitive interface offers a real benefit to our customers and their teams.