As an Island, the Isle of Man is unique in the fact it is home to six datacentres*.
This makes the Isle of Man the number one location for hosting your mission critical IT assets.
Each datacentre boasts high speed connectivity, resilient power, cooling and security systems. In alphabetical order (provider/datacentre):
- Continent8 – Isle of Man DC
- Domicilium – Ronaldsway
- Manx-Telecom – Douglas North
- Manx-Telecom – Greenhill
- Netcetera – The Dataport
- Wi-Manx – Heywood House
* I would define a datacentre as a facility with in excess of 50 racks capacity. It must also have the typical infrastructure components (fire suppression, UPS, generators, security, etc). Many Isle of Man ISPs and network operators have Points of Presence but they are out of scope for this article.
You can view the specification and service offerings of each provider on their respective websites.
There is one underlying feature across all the datacentres, they all benefit from the Isle of Man’s robust power and communications infrastructure. The Isle of Man Government, known for its “can-do” approach to business, provides the right environment for E-business to flourish. It is no coincidence the Isle of Man is home to some of the world’s leading banks, financial services firms, e-gaming websites and digital currency startups.
A wealth of choice
The fact the Island has five datacentre operators (and six datacentres) provides the customer with a wealth of choice. It gives them the power to evaluate each operators technical and commercial proposition, whilst Cloud technology presents the opportunity to spread their solution across multiple datacentres, delivering unparalleled resilience.
Each datacentre (and operator) has their own particular strengths and USPs, and their own service portfolio and commercial model.
Typical services include:
- Colocation (IaaS)
- Dedicated Servers
- Cloud and Virtualisation
- Platform services (PaaS)
- Online backup and DR
- Managed services
- Network connectivity, WAN services and IP Transit
Navigate the market
MTG have over a decade of experience working with clients who have opted to locate their infrastructure in the Island’s datacentres. Our customers include established Isle of Man businesses, alongside UK, European and international businesses.
Whether you have a new hosting requirement, or are contemplating a change in your existing hosting arrangements, ServiceTech can help. We can provide the following services:
- Understanding your business, regulatory and technical requirements
- Evaluating each vendor and hosting facility
- Formulating a tender or RFP relating to your project
- Approaching each vendor, arranging tours and commercial proposals
- Evaluating bids and proposed solutions
- Contract and solution management
- Hardware procurement, technical build and ongoing service management
Our expertise in hosting, networking, telecoms and the Isle of Man market, all ensure you will benefit from our vast experience in this field. Our experience extends to the following verticals; e-gaming, financial services, biomed, digital currencies, startups and energy companies. Our technical experience covers a broad range of scenarios including e-commerce platforms, VDI, private cloud, DR/BCP, replication and high density commute.
Speak to the Isle of Man datacentre experts
Contact MTG today to see how your business can benefit from our experience in the Isle of Man hosting market. Whether you want to review your existing arrangements for budgetary reasons or you want to evaluate your existing technical environment – we can help.
Call us on +44 1624 640400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org